We have a dedicated and professional team of childcare practitioners and relief childcare practitioners who strive for the very best care for our children, which is led by the Nursery Manager who holds a BA (Hons) in Early Years from the Open University and the Deputy Manager who is Level 4 qualified.
- All Room Leaders and practitioners hold at least an NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Care and Education, which provides an excellent knowledge of child development.
- Our Room Leaders also all have extensive experience with children under five and they have all also completed team leading training.
- The Toddler Room Leader holds a Level 4 qualification, which she completed through the Open University.
- The Pre-school Room Senior Childcare Practitioner specialises in Literacy and the children enjoy story-telling sessions with her on a weekly basis.
- The Deputy Manager has recently completed the Every Child A Talker (ECAT) Training, which is a recognised programme for developing communication and language skills in the early years.
- Our Pre-school Senior Childcare Practitioner is also NVQ Level 3 qualified and has completed training on physical play and the outdoors.
- Another member of the Pre-school team is currently undertaking her NVQ Level 4 through the Open University.
Further to this, our team are all fully qualified in Paediatric First Aid, Food Safety and Safeguarding Children and they attend additional courses provided by Peterborough City Council to aid our provision in certain areas such as Special Educational Needs, mathematics, and providing quality care for the under twos.
The Nursery cook has also completed training on food preparation and catering for food allergies, achieving a 5-star Food Hygiene Rating and The Children's Food Trust 'Outstanding Food' award in 2016.